I didn’t listen to much music over the weekend but it being a Monday, I certainly needed some music to get the week going.
19. 01 Hell Hole by Spinal Tap – An actual Spinal Tap track, it has been awhile since I’ve heard or watched Spinal Tap but their music despite having lyrics that parody rock music still sounds good.
20. 01 Hugh Jack & Russel Crowe & Convicts – Look Down -From the movie Les Miserables, a great opening track for this musical play turned musical movie.
21. 01 John Powell – GOA – From the movie The Bourne Supremacy, a simple yet peculiar movie theme and interesting way to open a movie soundtrack.
22. 01 – Metal City (Night Chase) – The first of many Sonic tracks in this project. This one coming from Sonic Riders, which isn’t a typical Sonic game but the music is still fun.
23. 01 – Let There Be More Light – I’m going to say this now so I can get it out of the way, a lot of Pink Floyd music kind of blends together, I’ll have a lot Pink Floyd in these early parts of the listening project and I can’t spot huge details to explain how one song stands out over the other.
24. 01 – Obscured by Clouds – More Pink Floyd, some of their music isn’t the best to listen to while driving as you can easily space out and not totally be concentrating on driving.
25. 01 One Of These Days – Pink Floyd, I need to take notes to differentiate these tracks for their write up
26. 01 Pings On The Wing – Pink Floyd, is this the song where the pig logo and references come from?
27. 01 Shine On You Crazy Diamond – This song was really long and I had duplicates luckily I noticed and didn’t listen to this song multiple times.
28. 01 Signs Of Life – A much shorter Pink Floyd song
29. 01 Sonic World – I’m not sure what Sonic game this is from as it doesn’t stand out, kind of sounds like generic music from a Sonic game.
30. 01 Terrible Lie – The first Nine Inch Nails song, this is a live version of the song from collection entitled Live Hate.
31. 01 The_Post_War_Dream – This is from a collection of Pink Floyd songs entitled The Final Cut, it has a weird intro that has radio or TV noises then gets quickly into the lyrics.
32. 01 Time- A Pink Floyd song I’m actually familiar with
33. 01 Touch of Grey – This is my favorite Grateful Dead song, partially due to the video with crudely done skeleton puppets
34 01 Unknown Track 1- I have no idea what this track is, it has a female singer that starts the song with the line “well, well.” it sounds like a hipupbeat song, possibly from a Sonic game or some kind of anime, but it doesn’t have a album title, so who knows.
This is the first of many entries. I have realized I have over 16,000 songs in my Google Music library, 80% of which I’ve probably never listened to. So I’m going to listen to all of them in alphabetical order and document them here until I listen to them all.
- …And Justice For All by Metallica – This list kicks off with a great track, love the metal and heavy guitars
- …And The Gods Made Love by Jimi Hendrix – My experience listening to Hendrix is lacking this was a low key track
- –> by Andrew Bird – I’m not sure my Andrew Bird tracks are labeled correctly but this was one of his many instrumental tracks, good to listen to on a cloudy day like today.
- /=/ by Andrew Bird – More instrumental, probably mislabeled, Andrew Bird music, very melodious
- /=/=/ by Andrew Bird – Another instrumental track from Mr. Bird, similar to the last one.
- -1 by Mudvayne – Oh man, Mudvayne this takes me back to a very anxty time in my pre teen (I guess they are called Tweens now?) years. This track was great as the lead singer of Mudvayne has a great voice for screamo as well as real singing, which is shown off in this song.
- 1,000,000 by Nine Inch Nails – the second track from the album The Slip, I love this album and this track is just hard and heavy, a great way to start the album after its intro track I’ll get to later, 999,999.
- 1,2,3 by Len Barry – Not sure why this is in my library, but it sounds like an oldie hit from the 50’s, good to listen to.
- 1,2,3,4 by Coolio – This song is weird to listen to now as the chorus is a little hateful towards women, with the line “1, 2, 3, 4 get your woman on the floor”, in the 90’s we as a culture really looked over lines like this.
- 01 – Arnold Layne by Pink Floyd – This is the start of a lot of semi misnamed tracks as the track number is in the title. I have a lot of Pink Floyd tracks but haven’t listened to all of them. This was a good, I have no idea who Arnold Layne is.
- 1. Asheru (Intro) by Asheru – this is the intro for a hip hop mix tape and Asheru starts off the album by introducing the album.
- 01 – Astronomy Domine by Pink Floyd – a very trippy song that would be fun to listen to while spacing out, not so much while driving
- 01 – Cirrus Minor by Pink Floyd – some of these songs seem to meld together, its great music just seems similar to Astronomy Domine.
- 01 Camera Setup by Unknown Artist – I have no idea what this is from, its just audio of a director setting up cameras and following a band, I think its from a spinal tap album but I’m not sure.
- 01 Double Talk by Jim Florentine – From one of the albums Terrorizing Telemarketers, Jim and his friend talk over each other so the telemarketer trying to get Jim out of debt can’t hear what is going on.
- 01 Dreamscapes by Living Sedative – I don’t know who Living Sedatives but this song was fun, I like the fluffy sounding (if that makes sense) and feel the song makes.
- 01 Ghosts I by Nine Inch Nails – from the album Ghosts, I like the Ghost tracks very good thinking music. I made a music video for this track years ago. You can watch it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGCOklm53xY
- 01 – Green Grove Zone – from the game Sonic 3D Blast, good song for the start of a game